As college costs continue to rise, families are finding it difficult to finance a college education. Years ago, middle-income families were able to meet tuition bills out of current earnings and savings and adequate financial aid was available to those who needed it. With college costs more than tripling since the mid 1980s, most families are now struggling with how they will finance the tuition bills. Sadly, methods of paying for college have become so complicated that few families have the time to investigate and analyze all the various options that are available.
While financial aid programs are designed to help those most in need, in reality dollars flow to those who are most knowledgeable about the process. Anyone can fill out the various aid forms just as anyone can complete an income tax return. However, how you fill out a financial aid form will determine the extent of your eligibility. Since the instructions do not state how the information will be analyzed, few families understand the most advantageous way to complete the forms. Simple mistakes and small oversights can actually cost thousands of dollars in lost financial aid. And because financial aid funds are limited, families that utilize our services gain a tremendous advantage over those who complete the various forms on their own.
At American College Planning Service, our service eliminates these potential problems. We are your partner every step of the way:
- We save you from having to complete the countless financial aid forms, student loan forms, and college scholarship applications.
- We protect you from making costly mistakes. An error on your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or CSS (College Scholarship Service) PROFILE can cost thousands of dollars in lost financial aid.
- We provide peace of mind knowing you have received all the financial aid to which you are entitled.
- Having worked with more than 5,000 families, we know how to properly complete all the forms to maximize your financial aid eligibility. Historically, 1 in 7 FASFAs are not processed correctly. And a large percentage of the FAFSA forms that do get processed have errors or inconsistencies that can cause a family to lose some or all their financial aid.
- The fee charged by American College Planning Service is refundable if our recommendations fail to increase your student’s financial aid eligibility by at least that amount. That’s our guarantee.